Irving Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury is a severe and permanent to the spinal cord, the brain as well as severe burns. Each catastrophic injury is accompanied by a unique set of challenges, which could include loss of work capacity, pain, incapacitation, and in some cases, death. When another party causes an accident, they could be held liable for damages.
If you or a loved one were injured due to another’s negligence, an Irving catastrophic injury lawyer could help you pursue legal action. A dedicated personal injury attorney would advocate aggressively for your rights and investigate every possible avenue for financial recovery.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are categorized by the extent and severity of the damage. Most catastrophic injuries are permanent and debilitating injuries which could prevent a person from performing or maintaining gainful work.
Some common forms of catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries — A serious injury to the spinal cord could result in severe pain, loss of feeling, weakness, respiratory issues, and a loss of motor function. Lumbar spinal injuries, thoracic spinal injuries, and cervical spinal injuries are all types of severe spinal cord injuries.
- Traumatic brain injury — A trauma to the head that results in injury to the brain, skull, or scalp could result in physical disability, coma, cognitive deficits, and persistent vegetative state.
- Paralysis — Spinal cord injuries could result in paralysis, and in some cases, lead to paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Loss of limbs/amputations — While amputations could be due to cancer or diabetes in many cases, others could be caused by negligence, involving workplace accidents or vehicle accidents, for example.
- Organ damage — Any kind of injury to the internal organs could be catastrophic because of the vital functions these body parts are responsible for.
- Severe burns — Burn injuries could be among the most severe types of injuries an individual could incur, and commonly result from exposure to chemicals or electricity, fire, and scalding.
- Bone breaks and fractures — Fractures are among the most common injuries that could happen in various kinds of accidents, including auto accidents and slip and falls.
An Irving catastrophic injury attorney would know how to construct a case that is specific to the injured party’s unique set of circumstances.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Irving
The accidents that cause catastrophic injuries could occur anywhere and could happen at anytime. Among the most frequent causes of catastrophic injuries are the following contributing factors:
- Auto accidents
- Truck wrecks
- Construction site accidents
- Product defects
- Medical malpractice
- Rollover accidents
- Vehicle defects
When someone is not responsible for the accident or incident that caused their catastrophic injury, they should seriously consider speaking with a knowledgeable local attorney. Catastrophic injuries could be life-altering, and the injured party should not have to pay for another person’s error or negligence.
Recovering Damages in a Severe Injury Case
Besides the physical and emotional difficulties presented by a catastrophic injury, the financial consequences could be significant. Some of the common types of damages a lawyer could help the plaintiff to recover in a catastrophic injury case would include lost wages and loss of future earnings, medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, rehabilitation costs, and mental anguish.
Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code Title 2 § 16.003 provides catastrophic injury victims two years from the date of their injury to file a lawsuit in the civil court system. If the individual does not get their lawsuit filed by the two-year statutory deadline, the plaintiff may lose their right to recover compensation.
Contact an Irving Catastrophic Injury Attorney for Help
A catastrophic injury could affect a person not just physically, but mentally and financially as well. Fortunately, a seasoned attorney could help you seek compensation that covers the full value of your injuries. An experienced Irving catastrophic injury lawyer could pursue all options to achieve a successful outcome in your case.
Call today to learn about what may be possible in your case.